Hello? How is everyone’s Sunday going?? Well, I hope it’s blessed just as mines is!! Today, I want to post the second part of characteristics of a Christian. If you haven’t’ read the first one go back and read it first. So let’s get into to it. The next five characterists are:
- Self-control: Self-Control is very important in being a Christian. It is an element that will help us to resist as much temptation as possible. Having self-control is having the ability to refrain from things we know isn’t right or good for us. Having self-control is not easy. But I encourage you to pray to God for the strength to gain self-control. I assure in Jesus Name that your behaving with self-control will surely bring blessings and rewards.
- Christian Affection/ Love: Have you took the time to tell someone you loved them today or to show someone you care? Many Christians are so warm, caring, and generous to everyone they meet. This is called Christian Affection or also love. Please if you’re not already doing so, pray that you be able to show love to somebody just as God shows you love. And if God shows you that He loves you why can’t you extend that love to somebody else? I encourage you, please show some Christian affection to someone and in doing so, you give all glory to God.
- Endurance: Endurance is critical in passing test and getting through trails. Granted that it is God who gives us the strength and power to get through test and trials. It is God who builds endurance in you. Endurance is just not for getting through test and trails but also to build up your faith. The Bible say in 1 Peter Chapter 1 that our faith must be tested so that it may endure. Then we will receive praise and glory and honor on the Day when Jesus Christ is revealed (Today’s English Version 1 Peter 1:7). So I encourage you endure, endure, endure…. God will help you to endure.
- Knowledge: Knowledge is important in being a Christian. Not just knowledge of God and Jesus or the Word but knowledge of everything. The book of Proverbs is about wisdom and the things wisdom can do for you, yes, rewards. A quick scripture I want to share is Proverbs 1:23 “Listen when I reprimand you; I will give you good advice and share my knowledge with you.” God wants to share his knowledge with you if you will listen and take it. I encourage you to read Proverbs. It is an exactly book in the Bible as is the whole Bible in its entirety.
- Godliness/Goodness: Godliness and goodness lines up together because God is goodness. Therefore, if you have Godliness you are sure to have goodness. Godliness is just simply acting like God. Be good to one another just as God is to us. We are all made in God’s image so lets act like are Father in Heaven.